Runway Models are people who ...
- have been through treatment for breast cancer
- are currently going through treatment for breast cancer
- have been diagnosed as a metastatic breast cancer patient
- are the "legacies" of those who have passed away from breast cancer
Please fill out our registration form below. Model registration for New England typically opens in February and models are notified if they have been selected in March. For Southern California, model registration typically opens in June and models are notified if they have been selected in July.
Beginning on March 1st, we will contact everyone who has been selected to be a Runway Model for the October Runway Show in New England.
Beginning on July 1st, we will contact everyone who has been selected to be a Runway Model for the January Runway Show in Southern California.
Runway Models will need to...
- Share with us their story about how breast cancer has impacted them by scheduling a Zoom interview with the Executive Director.
- Attend a Model Meet & Greet and have a headshot picture taken.
- Be available starting in the early afternoon for hair/make-up/rehearsal/event on the day of the Runway Show.
Prior to the show, Models will be asked to ...
- Submit five photographs to be used during show
- Go to their assigned store to be fitted for their outfit
- Create a fundraising page, and aim to raise $250 minimum (to cover the cost of your model ticket)*
*The fundraising is not meant to be exclusionary, and we can always make exceptions to this suggestion for those who are unable to friendraise/fundraise this amount.
The model team at Runway works hard to get to know our models' style and size preferences, and, ultimately, the team uses this information to make the best match with the stores that we work with. Once we match all of our models to local stores, we email the list of the matches to all models and stores. Models shop for their outfits the two weeks prior to the show.
During the two weeks leading up to the event, the models will visit their assigned boutiques and try on their outfits.
Each model will set-up their own "team" or "individual" fundraising page. You can then share the link of your team or individual page with anyone you'd like on social media, through emails, or by text message.
Over Models have raised nearly $250,000 for our Family Grants Program.
We will help you throughout your fundraising efforts, and we are here to make this a positive experience for all.
Each Model should compile a list of their friends and family they'd like to invite to the event. The Runway team will put together invitations with a card letting each person know they have been invited to support you!
Please keep in mind that tickets to the event cost $250 and while we are sometimes able to offer discounted tickets for models' friends and family, there are a limited amount given the number of models we have.
No, models do not have to pay for their tickets. Our fundraising efforts are meant to cover this cost!
Family and friends will need to purchase their own ticket—fundraising beyond the minimum does not entitle models to additional complimentary tickets.
Our model team at Runway works incredibly hard to create a seamless schedule for models to get both their hair and makeup done. This is a donated service, so we work around the incredible team of stylists and artists who volunteer their time to get our models looking fabulous.
Due to the number of models, we typically begin hair and makeup appointments around 1:00 p.m. There is a mandatory rehearsal that all models must attend at 3:00 p.m. Please keep in mind that this may mean you will need to take the afternoon off from work.
- March 1-31: Confirmation of participation.
- April 1 - May 31: Models must book a time to share their story (via Zoom). Link will be provided to confirmed models.
- May 1: A Guest List for those who would like their friends to receive a hardcopy of our invitation.
- July 1: Model fundraising begins!
- July 18: Model Meet & Greet at The Legacy Club of Boston. Meet the Runway team and other new models in person. Headshots will also be taken by a photographer.
- August 1-31: Book a hair and make-up time with our volunteer stylists.
- September 1: Models are sent their store assignment.
- October 9-23: Visit assigned store to be fitted for outfit.
- October 26: Runway Show!
- July 1-31: Confirmation of participation.
- August 1 - October 1: Models must book a time to share their story (via Zoom). Link will be provided to confirmed models.
- September: Model Meet & Greet at The Legacy Club of Boston. Meet the Runway team and other new models in person. Headshots will also be taken by a photographer.
- October 1: A Guest List for those who would like their friends to receive a hardcopy of our invitation.
- October 1: Model fundraising begins!
- December 1-31: Book a hair and make-up time with our volunteer stylists.
- December 18: Models are sent their store assignment.
- January 8-24: Visit assigned store to be fitted for outfit.
- January 27: Runway Show!
We do our best to make sure that everyone who wants to attend the Runway Show can. We sometimes receive donated tickets to cover the cost of a model's guest. These donated tickets are offered to models on a first-come, first-served basis.
We also have a free, virtual ticket option for those who cannot attend in person.
New this year is the option for guests to fundraise to cover the cost of their ticket. With this ticket option, guests will commit to fundraising a minimum of $275 by a specified date to cover the cost of their ticket. Payment information will be collected at the time of registration however a guest will only be charged if the fundraising minimum is not met (only the remaining balance after what has already been fundraised will be charged).
We do not ever want a model to walk the runway without someone in the audience to cheer them on. Please reach out to Valerie if the cost is prohibitive for any guests or friend of a model.
We begin our hair and make-up around 1:00 p.m. on the day of the event.
A required dress rehearsal begins at 3:00 p.m.
All past and present Runway Models are invited to enjoy our four complimentary programs...
- Spring: The Recovery Retreat
- Summer: An outdoor Rally for Runway workout class
- Fall: The Runway Show
- Holidays: A self-care event (think mani/pedi)
Throughout the year, models will receive a code that will give them a discount to any of our events. Please contact Valerie if you'd like this code and are a past or present model!
*The nomination period for the 2023 Runway Show, New England has now ended. If you are interested in being notified when the registration form for the 2024 New England show opens, please let us know below.