Runway Models are people who ...
- have been through treatment for breast cancer
- are currently going through treatment for breast cancer
- have been diagnosed as a metastatic breast cancer patient
- are the "legacies" of those who have passed away from breast cancer
Please fill out our form above either for a friend or for yourself.
On March 1, we contact everyone who has been selected to be a Runway Model for the next October Runway Show.
Runway Models will need to...
- Share with us her/his story about how breast cancer has impacted them (either by zoom or in-person at our office in Newburyport, MA)
- Be available in July for a headshot picture to be taken
- Be available from 2pm - onwards for hair/make-up/rehearsal/event on October 14, 2022 for the Runway Show
Prior to the October show, Models will be asked to ...
- Submit five photographs to be used during show
- Go to their assigned store to be fitted for their outfit
- Create a fundraising page, and aim to raise $500 minimum (to cover the cost of a model ticket and a ticket for a friend)*
*The fundraising is not meant to be exclusionary, and we can always make exceptions to this suggestion for those who are unable to friendraise/fundraise this amount
The model team at Runway works hard to get to know our models' style and size preferences, and, ultimately, the team uses this information to make the best match with the stores that we work with. Once we match all of our models to local stores, we email the list of the matches to all models and stores. Models shop for their outfits the two weeks prior to the event in October.
During the two weeks leading up to the event, the models will visit their assigned boutiques and try on their outfits.
Each model will set-up her own "team" or "individual" fundraising page. You can then share the link of your team/individual page with anyone you'd like -- on social media, through emails, or by text message.
Over the last three years, Models have raised $150,000 for our Family Grants Program.
We will help you throughout your fundraising efforts, and we are here to make this a positive experience for all.
Models can email us a list of his/her friends and family they'd like to attend the event. The Runway team will happily send out invitations! Each model will receive one free ticket to use for a friend!
No, models do not have to pay for their tickets. Our fundraising efforts are meant to cover this cost!
Our model team at Runway works incredibly hard to create a seamless schedule for models to get both their hair and makeup done. This is a donated service, so we work around the incredible team of stylists and artists who volunteer their time to get our models looking fabulous. Models' conflicts are taken into account and honored as much as possible. We usually begin appointments around 2:00 p.m., and all models are needed at 4 p.m. for a rehearsal.
March 31: Confirmation of participation.
April 15 - June 30: Models must book a time to share their stories (via zoom or in-person in Newburyport). Link will be provided to confirmed models.
May 1: A Guest List for those who would like their friends to receive a hardcopy of our invitation.
June 30: Submit five pictures to be used during show.
July TBA: Headshot taken by photographer. Dates will be shared to confirmed models.
August 1: Book a hair and make-up time with Lead Stylist.
October 5-13: Visit assigned store to be fitted for outfit.
October 14: Runway Show!
We make sure that everyone who wants to attend the Runway Show can. Please reach out to Valerie if the cost is prohibitive for any guests or friend of a model.
We begin our hair and make-up at 2:00 on the day of the event.
A required dress rehearsal begins at 4:00.
We'd love if models would follow Runway on...
All past and present Runway Models are invited to enjoy our four complimentary programs...
- Spring: The Recovery Retreat
- Summer: An outdoors Rally for Runway workout class (location TBA, June)
- Fall: The Runway Show
- Holidays: A self-care event (think mani/pedi)
Throughout the year, models will receive a code that will give them 50% off any of our Rally for Runway or [email protected] events. Please contact Valerie if you'd like this code and are a past or present model!