EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director and also serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Provide comprehensive support services to the Executive Director that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day to-day engagements
- Support Executive Director with internal and external communications
- Conduct research and analysis on issues of interest to the Executive Director
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the Executive Director
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for the Executive Director
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos
- Complete expense reports and manage correspondence with vendors
- Support the Executive Director in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned
- Organize meetings and events for retreats, various board meetings, and other logistics
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Directors
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including contact management, document management, and archiving
- Manage Organization’s social media accounts & Executive Director’s LinkedIn account
- Support Executive Director with donor/funder relations
- Assist in other administrative tasks as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, and social media web platforms
- Ability to manage up
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced in electronic communications
- Understanding of Classy, WordPress/Beaver Builder websites, Quickbooks, and Salesforce is a plus
Runway will accept cover letters & resumes from May 18-June 4; 2-3 candidates will be selected for interviews between June 7-11 ; and an offer will be extended by June 16. This position will begin on July 1, 2021.
This is a full-time, 40-hours/wk position with health & dental benefits. While subject to change, the expectation is that an interested candidate will be able to work from the Newburyport/ Runway headquarters two days a week and remotely the other three days.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.